L&P Tracy – Tracy, CA
Leggett & Platt’s Tracy facility (Branch 6014) became Eco Initiative-registered in April 2015. They are located in California and manufacture high-performance carpet cushion out of post-consumer and post-industrial materials from all over the world. The Tracy facility is responsible for diverting millions of pounds of materials from the landfill every year.
They have been environmentally conscious since the beginning. Examples of Eco projects at the facility include:
Landfill reduction – In 2014, L&P Tracy reduced waste sent to the landfill by 126 tons.
The facility recycles the following:
- Aluminum cans
- Plastic and glass bottles
- Ink cartridges
- Shrink wrap
- The facility recycles the following:
- In December 2014, the facility volunteered a Saturday to clean up trash on neighboring streets. All employees participated in the event, collecting over 225 lbs. of trash. The cleanup was followed by a pizza party for everyone.
- The Tracy facility also adopted a family from the local Boys & Girls Club in 2014. They were able to provide Christmas gifts for two sisters who would have otherwise gone without.
The following projects are currently in place for 2015:
Reduce landfill waste by 5% in 2015.
- Set up a recycling program for cans and bottles, white paper, and ink cartridges.
- Improve cardboard and metal recycling.
- Install air hand dryers in the bathrooms.
Reduce electricity usage by 5% in 2015.
- Conduct a lighting test and change all the lights in the shipping department.
Reduce water usage by 5% in 2015.
- Possibly install waterless urinals and low-flow toilets.