Gribetz International – Sunrise, FL
Gribetz International, Branch 5600, is part of the Global Systems Division within the Specialized Products Segment. Gribetz International leads the world as the manufacturer of quilting machines and other equipment and systems related to the bedding, home textile, and apparel industries. Gribetz offers a complete range of products designed to modernize and automate the handling, sewing, quilting, and cutting processes.
The initial goals the facility set are as follows:
- Reduce electricity consumption by 15%. This will be achieved in two stages. An interim goal of 7% electricity reduction has been set.
- As appropriate, replace existing AC units with more energy-efficient units.
- As of 11/20/2015, six AC units have been replaced.
- Stage 2 completion is expected 6/1/2016.
- Reduce waste through the reuse and repurpose of resources.
- Paper and cardboard: 5% year-over-year increase in material recycled by weight.
- Aluminum and plastic: In 2016, keep 500 cubic feet out of landfill.