Mississippi Spring – Tupelo, MS
Mississippi Spring became registered in the Eco Initiative Mini Program in May 2015. Located in Tupelo, Mississippi, we operate out of two buildings with approximately 74,000 square feet of manufacturing space. The facility serves a wide customer base, including many exports.
Past and current reduction efforts at the facility include:
- Reduce landfill waste by 50%
- This was achieved by implementing a recycling program and training employees in the proper disposal of waste.
- Reduce lubricating oil use in machines by 30%
- This was achieved by testing oil quality to determine if the oil was degraded. This was done in place of changing oil on schedule. Machines are inspected frequently to identify and repair oil leaks quickly.
- Reduce water consumption by 10%
- This was achieved by installing more efficient toilets, sink faucets, valves, and controls.
- Reduce electricity consumption by 14%
- This was achieved by installing energy-efficient LED lighting.