Adjustable Bed - Joplin – Joplin, MO
Branch 0797, a division of Leggett & Platt’s Adjustable Bed Group, is a small-scale business dedicated to the manufacturing and supply of adjustable bed bases.
Since its start in 2015, Branch 0797 has built and maintained a reputation of being a responsive supplier of high-quality products, reliable employer, and sound community member. The branch currently employs approximately 30 people, with plans to add additional staff with the introduction of a second shift. The facility is approximately 42,000 square feet, and houses both line assembly and warranty fulfillment.
Production consists of an assembly line with an output of 1600 to 1800 adjustable bed bases per week. The branch is in the process of adding a second shift to keep up with demand. Once both shifts are operational, the facility will produce approximately 100,000 adjustable bed bases per year.
The following goals have been identified and initiated by the Eco Initiative Team:
- Reduce landfill waste
- Implement and grow branch recycling program
- Identify E-waste recycling vendor
- Prevented 5.09 tons of material from being sent to the landfill from July to September 2017
- Install corrugate baler to decrease frequency of pickups and reduce footprint of corrugate waste
- Identify reuse for interface lining
- Reduce paper and ink usage
- Eliminated Styrofoam cups from the facility during summer 2017