Georgetown – Georgetown, KY
Leggett & Platt’s Georgetown facility (Branch 0612), located in Georgetown, Kentucky, is currently the largest adjustable bed manufacturer in North America. Georgetown has recognized the importance of having a structured environmental program to ensure environmental compliance as well as broaden their horizons, set new objectives, and accomplish goals otherwise thought unachievable.
Since integrating the Eco Initiative into their operations, the facility has managed to reduce waste, gas consumption, energy usage, and resource consumption while changing the environmental culture within their most valuable asset: their employees.
Georgetown’s achievements include:
- Recycling approx. 966,000 lbs. of material in 2014.
- Planting trees on Earth Day.
- Adjusting the operating temperature of their paint line wash tanks by 25°F, saving the facility an estimated average of 107.7 million BTU per month.
- Installing a more efficient compressed air system.
Georgetown currently recycles all of the following:
- Aluminum cans
- Plastic bottles
- Cardboard (Old Corrugated Containers – OCC)
- Office paper (copy paper)